Ha Long city has a favorable location for road, waterway and airway. It is very easy to choose means of transport to this beautiful coastal city, please refer to some following information:
– You can travel to Ha Long city by airway. From the helicopter, you can watch the overview of Ha Long city and Ha Long bay.
– Flight service package watching Ha Long bay: departingfrom Gia Lam(Hanoi) – Ha Long city -flying over Ha Long bay in 5 minutes-landing at Air-force Passenger Station(the area behind Ha Long Plazahotel) – flying back to Gia Lam, Hanoi.
– Contact: Northern Helicopter Company
+ Website: http://www.vnhn.com.vn
You can travel toHa Long cityby coach (or by bus),by car forbackpackers, by tourist bus of travel agencies.
– Departure from Hanoi:
+ Hanoi (from My Dinh bus station if going by coach) -Bac Ninh- Chi Linh district (Hai Duong) – Ha Long city (Bai Chay bus station). It takes about 2,5 – 3 hours to go by tourist bus, about 3 -3,5 hours to go by coach.
+ Hanoi (from Giap Bat bus station, Gia Lam bus station if going by coach) – Highway 5A – Hung Yen, Hai Duong-Highway 18 A – Ha Long city (Bai Chay bus station). It takes about3 -3,5 hours to go by tourist bus, about3,5 -4 hours to go by coach.
+ From Hanoi – Hanoi – Hai Phong Highway- Highway 10 -Highway 18 – Ha Long city (Bai Chay bus station).It takes about 2,5 hours.
– Departure from Mong Cai city
+ Mong Cai city/Mong Cai International Border Gate (Mong Cai bus stationif going by coach) – Highway 18 – Ha Long city (Bai Chay bus station). It takes about 2 -2,5hours to go by tourist bus, about 3 – 3,5 hours to go by coach.
Currently, there is one route from Yen Vien station throughPhaLai toHa Long stationand vice versa.
Travelling by railway takes over 6 hours, therefore if your time is limited, you should travel by road.
· Ferry from Gia Luan harbor, Cat Ba, Hai Phong city – Tuan Chau International Marina:
-From April 30 to September 30:
Cat Ba – Tuan Chau: 09h00’, 11h30’, 13h00’, 15h00’, 16h00’
Tuan Chau – Cat Ba: 07h30’, 09h00’, 11h30’, 13h30’, 15h00’
– From October 01to April 29:
Cat Ba -Tuan Chau: 09h00’, 13h00’, 16h00’
Tuan Chau -Cat Ba: 07h30’, 11h30’, 15h00’
+ Ticket price:
– Pedestrians: 70.000 VND/ticket
– Motorbikes: 90.000 VND/ticket
– Under-9 seater cars: 450.000 VND/ticket
– From-09-to-15 seater cars: 500.000 VND/ticket
– From-16-to-23 seater cars: 550.000 VND/ticket
– From-24-to-29 seater cars: 600.00 VND/ticket
– Over-30 seater cars: 650.000 VND/ticket
– Under-1-ton truck: without cargo: 350.000 VND/ticket, with cargo: 400.000 VND/ticket
– From-1-to-3-ton truck: without cargo: 400.000 VND/ticket, with cargo: 500.000 VND/ticket
– From-3-to-5-ton truck: without cargo: 450.000 VND/ticket, with cargo: 550.000 VND/ticket
+ Contact: Sales Department, Au Lac – Quang Ninh Co., Ltd;
Address: Tuan Chau ward, Ha Long city, Quang Ninh province;
· High speed boats:
Currently, there are 02 routes from Cat Hai (Hai Phong city) and Ngoc Vung, Quan Lan (Van Don district, Quang Ninh province) to Hon Gai, Ha Long city:
1. Itinerary: Ngoc Vung, Quan Lan – Hon Gai (Ha Long city) and vice versa
– Departure from Quan Lan: 07h00’, 14h30’
– Departure from Hon Gai: 08h00’, 13h30’
– Ticket price: 160.000 VND/person (Free for children under 1 year old)
2. Itinerary: Cat Hai, Hai Phong city – Hon Gai, Ha Long city and vice versa
– Departure from Cat Hai: 07h00’
– Departure from Hon Gai: 12h30’
– Ticket price: 100.000 VND/person (Free for children under 1 year old)
+ Quang Ninh Passenger Waterway Transport JSC
+Address: 98 Ben Tau, Bach Dang ward, Ha Long city, Quang Ninh province
+ Tel: 0203.3624404